I’m sidetracking from hormones for a moment to announce the launch of a different type of project:
My husband, Douglas, and I have created a new card game, Head Scratcherz, which takes conversation beyond ordinary chit-chat!
Head Scratcherz does this by providing 47 questions designed to challenge your mind and stretch your imagination—while spurring a deep, fun and friendly discussion with two or more people.
TO PLAY: All you need to do is take a question from the Head Scratcherz deck, read it aloud, give all players an opportunity to answer—then discuss!
A few sample Head Scratcherz questions include:
- How would you describe the colors red, green, yellow and blue to someone who can’t see or is colorblind?
- Can you sing the words of one song to the melody of a different song, such as singing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star to the tune of Happy Birthday?
- What is a job that does not exist now that you think should exist?
- Humans have traveled many different ways—including by foot, horseback, boat, train, automobile and airplane. What do you think the next common mode of transportation will be?
- What has been one of the greatest sacrifices made by a notable person in history—who is not a religious or military figure?
- We’ve had stories, plays, books, radio, TV and movies. What’s the next mode of entertainment going to be?
We were inspired to create Head Scratcherz from a salon-style discussion group we’ve been hosting for years, first in New York City, and now in our St. Petersburg, Florida home through MeetUp.com. With over 230 members, our group has had folks eagerly returning over and over to stretch their conversational muscles.
Enthused by the success of our MeetUp discussion group, we wanted to help others outside our group enjoy their own stimulating conversations, too.
So, we decided to share our favorite thought-provoking questions in convenient-to-carry decks that folks can enjoy anywhere, anytime. That’s when Head Scratcherz was born!
12 varieties of Head Scratcherz
There are 12 Head Scratcherz decks to suit all occasions, including:
- Partiez—to liven up get-togethers with friends and family
- Datez—perfect for your 1st or 1,001st date
- Familiez—making any family meal or long car ride with the kids more fun
- Juniorz—for kids ages 6-11
- Expertz—providing more challenging questions
- The Original Edition that started it all!
Head Scratcherz is available exclusively at TheGameCrafter.com for $17.99 per deck.
You can find out more about Head Scratcherz at HeadScratcherz.com.